Friday, December 10, 2010

An Elf and the missing Mocha

What a week this has been. Tuesday was my first band concert, Jojo the Oboe and I did magnificently. For beginning band anyway. When we were done we had to sit in this one section of the indoor commons away from the audience. The temperature on the ground was colder than the air above it which i found most interesting. My friend even snuck back to where we were sitting and we had this awesome conversation in new Jersey accents, sadly she got kicked out and I was forced to move. I sat with my little grader friends and showed them all my accents too, but before I could go all British on them I got moved. . . . Again! I say, what do grownups have against childish entertainment?
I was extremely stressed on wednesday for I had my vocal audition that afternoon and I almost cried in science because I found out that I had a C. A C! What would I tell my mom? It's frightening to talk about grades with her, she gets all loud. My report card is now three As, a B, and three Cs. Though I'm sure I'm gonna be able to raise my grade in social studies, no sweat. Back to my vocal audition, so they said to sing a song that best presents you or something like that (I wasn't really sure, I wasn't paying attention. I heard sing and a bunch of songs filled my brain. My mind was halfway through the Disney playlist when I noticed someone was trying to talk to me.)
My mom suggested I do Popular from wicked cause it was the best one for me, even though I had already sung it at last year's talent show. I was scared because they only let you sing one minute of the song and Popular is better with two. I was also scared because it was a new instrumental that i hadn't used very much so the timing was extremely different. Everyone who was auditioning that day had specific times to come in, so you could chill at home and come back and junk like that. I was the last one on the list but I decided to stay for the whole thing, I'm weird like that. The whole schpeal was going faster then they planned, and all of a sudden there wasn't anyone left to go since they were all at home thinking they had to be there at a specific time and making popcorn and junk. So my friend Trinity opened the door and pushed me through.
And there I was, in front of the directors. I felt very nervous, which is odd for me, so my voice kept shaking. The cool thing was that they never stopped my CD, it just kept playing. I was having a bunch of fun, I suppose they were too. Then things got off, since there was a speaking part in the middle of the song and i hadn't practiced with it as often as I liked, also I didn't think they'd let me go on for that long, it went on longer then I thought it would and it kind of screwed me up a bit. Meh, i pretended nothing was extremely wrong and just finished the song. It was so awesome, but I ended up braking out in rash afterwards. Not fun. My dad took me and my sister to Chevi's after that.
Thursday afternoon was my piano lesson, sadly my mom had a birth the night before and took a long nap all day. She forgot to pick me up. So I spent a half hour pacing with a binder balancing on the top of my head. Finally i whipped out my phone and called her in complaint. Since we were already so late i didn't mind missing the lesson, because I hadn't completely practiced much. But we went anyway, and I made a fool of myself as I plinked on the keys. My family went to a chinese restaurant that night. IMy mom gave me ten dollars in exchange for the ten dollars worth of coins i gave her, I stuck it in my shoe for safe keeping. After fortune cookies we went to Starbucks, My sister and I waited for the drinks as a couple of older boys came in. I recognized one from the time my mom and I came here after seeing burlesque. He was working that night, and i remembered him because he looked like an elf. I mean seriously, he was short and blond and had a little pointy nose. And i swear i grabbed his mocha by mistake, cause it was larger then mine was supposed to be. Not that I drank from it, pshht. ok, Maybe a sip.
Friday was the most important day of them all, because that was the day that Advanced drama posted the callbacks. I watched the clock like a small child watches a colorful object that moves. Once that bell rang ending school I sprinted down the hall to the indoor commons to the office door, and scanned that paper to find my name "IZZY" printed real big. I squealed with delight then rushed back around the halls to the choir wing and pulled my locker open and stuffed my books in my bag and skipped to my car to tell my mom the news. She was late. Again. :)
until next time my peppermint mochas :-*

1 comment: