Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Multiplying like the bunnies do episode 2

Downtown Gloucester. The perfect place for having tea parties out on the sidewalk with stuffed bears as large as nine-year-olds, searching for Dr. Martens and finding none, and begging your mother to buy a fifteen dollar suitcase from a second hand shop. Yesterday, my sister and I browsed in a Jewlery store when a handsome young man behind the counter struck up quite the conversation with us. It started out with where we were from and he mentioned visiting and such, Zoe and I left and returned, then we started talking about natural disasters, fears (his in order: Sharks, leeches, Zombies), and dreams. He described a dream of his where he saw a mushroom cloud on the horizon and how everything turned extremly bright as the united states spontaneously combusted. I then planned to move to Europe before that prediction could come true.

One of things I love most to do is climb around big rock formations. What I love more than that is climbing around big rock formations without using my hands. What I love more than that is when my hands are occupied with holding the skirt of a long dress Which I am wearing while climbing on these big rock formations.

I, in my new, long, pink dress that laced up the back, Bright pink lipstick, glitter and dark lashes. Black boots and shades holding back my frizzy curls. I felt close to Godliness as I pranced about the rocks, standing before the ocean that faced North. My family and I, along with my Gramz and two of my cousins (Minus my mother and my aunt who didn't follow us down the trail) Went for a nice stroll around a cool Quarry, which I can't remember the name of at the moment. We were trying to find our way back to the car when I noticed movement among the bushes and trees. What do you know? It was a rabbit, and he froze and stared at me. I stared back. The rabbit continued to stare. finally I put my hand on my hip and said, "You're late," And contiunued to walk on.

I do believe that the bunny, in fact, was trying to tell me that I was going the wrong way. Which I notced as we passed a rock with the number 8 painted on it along with a "to 9"
"Dad, we're going the wrong way. We passed a five on the way up here," I stated simply before turning around and walking past the group. I liked walking ahead of them. I liked being the first that other walkers encountered, and it made me feel confident. While waiting for them I made the realization that the bunny was warning me. I folded my arms and muttered an "Oh, right,"

When we arrived home there was another rabbit in the yard. I imagined that it was there to see that I got home and didn't get lost. Such caring bunnies, at least that is how I like to portray them. It would probably make more sense if I was born in the year of the Rabbit as Gramz had asked me. Nope, I'm an Ox.

Earlier today I went to Rockport With my mother, zoe, my mother's cousin, and my second cousin. Walking down the street they entered that beautiful theatre place that I refused to go into for the last time I did I got yelled at for sneaking down a hall and walking across the stage.

While waiting someone came by in a car to ask for directions, I answered that I wouldn't know how to get to any place, because I wasn't from here. They then asked a boy who was much older than me, who happened to be passing by, the same question. He gave the same answer. It made me smile.

We stopped in a cafe for lunch. I had nothing. In leaving, my mother had to use the little girls room and her cousin, Debbie, asked her daughter, maddie, if she wanted Icecream now or if she'd like to wait to have it. I whirled around in the seat I had taken by the window and exclaimed, "You can't wait to have icecream!" Debbie then did a beautiful spit take. What do you know? I happen to be funny.

In the Country Store, Zoe purchased some Enchanted Unicorn bandaids and two books: The Art of Kissing, and How To Get Along with Boys, which the boy at the cash register reccomended.

I have to go put a sticker in my french journal now. Until next time, I do enjoy our little chats :-*

No comments:

Post a Comment